Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Scored Out

Shrutz here tagged me. And because we're playing tag, and someone's gotta keep score; I'll say no more, and tell you things about me, in order, score. (that's like.. umm... TWENTY secrets??!!) **Gulp**


  1. If I could hitch a ride on a time-machine; I'd pull the lever to "Past", wind the spring to "Medieval" and shoot for it. I've got a 'thing' for gore, it excites me.

  2. When I was younger, I'd read Shobha De, Maureen Dowd, and the likes; and secretly hope to write like them someday - a newspaper column, with my name on the top.

  3. I think I was about eight, and my dad decided I needed to get some 'art'. So he asked me to choose between classical dance/music and painting. I chose the latter, went for summer classes, discovered some weak talent, won a coupla' prizes, and then gave up. Now, when we visit museums, dad's shoving me to the art gallery, I'm longing to look at the swords and rifles.

  4. I've considered a variety of career options. But, more than ANYTHING, I used to want to be a journalist. Like my dad was. He once told me how he pelted stones at Indira Gandhi's convoy, in college; and then interviewed her a few years later, as a journo. THAT left me fascinated.

  5. I have a fetish for embroidering my OWN clothes. Especially geometric and floral patterns, with beads, sequins and mirrors thrown in for effect. So, if the needle seems to have faltered, and the design's a wee bit skewed, you have it - MY handiwork.

  6. I HATE Recipe books. That's because I don't like doing things the way they're supposed to be. A small amount of improvisation, and a little innovation can't harm!

  7. I used to fight TERRIBLY with my niece, who's thirteen years younger. Back in high school, I'd have my face permanently scarred. I'd snap at her, she'd lunge for me. But, I LOVE that kid!

  8. If you asked me to draw the first thing that came to my mind, it'll be a row of perfectly conical mountains, with the sun shining through their shoulders. A brook flowing at their feet, and a tiny village in the valley below. Huts without doors, a well, a cat, and a lehenga-choli clad girl, with a pot full of water.

  9. I like the 'Barney' songs. Of the "I love you, you love me; we are happy family" and the "Stop Kookaburra stop, Kookaburra leave some (berries) there for me" genre.

  10. The most recurrent dream I've ever had, is of a HUGE tiger chasing me into the woods. My heart's hammering so hard, that I can hear it in my ears (even in my sleep!). The way it ends, changes each time.

  11. Death doesn't scare me; but the thought of going blind does. I'm myopic, and I DREAD losing my eye-sight. It used to be very frightening, when they'd drip those drops in my eyes at the doc's and tell me to keep them shut for a while. I'd hear the news playing, people chattering, kids crying, cars screeching, but I couldn't SEE!

  12. I feel sorry for fish in aquariums. Boxed up in silly, transparent cases; fed with crappy protein; swimming in fouled water; taken away from their natural habitat and having to watch tight-faced weirdos stare at them all the time. They can't even reach out through bars and rattle the 'cage'. But, I wonder if they care.

  13. I used to borrow the 'Economic Times' from my classmate every Wednesday. To read Dilbert.

  14. I learnt up the 8086 microprocessor pin-diagram, by associating the pin functions with my class-mates having the corresponding roll number.

  15. In my twelfth-grade (Intermediate-II), I'd walk back home, with my head FULL of numbers. I'd calculate squares and cubes; and think of easier techniques for division. It used to be FUN!

  16. When I feel like 'Google'-ing things up; and I can't think of much else, I try "How to make explosives". Sometimes, I consider using a proxy server; because Anti-Terrorist Agencies might be watching. :P

  17. I believe a prayer always has to begin with a "Thank You". Thank You, God. For lizards, here in India, don't fly; rats don't fall off the ceiling and gnaw at my hair. Thank you, for not giving me eyes at the back of my head, or I'd be able to see the dog snapping while it's chasing me. Thank you for not giving me sweat glands on my upper palate, I don't like things too salty, especially when it's hot outside. And thank you for giving me the strength to wake up today, and hit the 'Snooze' button.

  18. A purr-fect day begins with a healthy breakfast. And the one that best suits my taste is good ol' Idli Sambar. I'd DIE for soft, steamed idlis with piping hot, heavenly-tasting sambar.

  19. I INVARIABLY forget milk boiling on the stove. It's like a curse. I HAVE to spill atleast THAT much, when I make myself some coffee.

  20. I enjoy chopping vegetables, but I'm CLUMSY at it. I can't remember the last time I did it, WITHOUT having some skin peeled off my fingers.


I think I'll pass the baton to:


  • Abhijit - Been too idle with a burnt MoBo, but THAT's no excuse to stop blogging!

  • Kiran - EnTranced, you say? You've been tagged nonetheless. :P So RUN!

  • Vamsi - Let the CAT prep lie for a while, and chase it.

2 Patron Prattle:

At 12/15/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Shrutz said...

In my twelfth-grade (Intermediate-II), I'd walk back home, with my head FULL of numbers. I'd calculate squares and cubes; and think of easier techniques for division. It used to be Fun


My child....
You need a new hobby and while you are at it... a life ;)

Kidding... you ROCK!!!

 
At 12/17/2005 8:34 AM, Blogger ..... said...

I learnt up the 8086 microprocessor pin-diagram, by associating the pin functions with my class-mates having the corresponding roll number

thats cool
i mugged up all pins of DMA,8255,8086 8085 and all result was zero :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home