Monday, July 24, 2006

Shades of Sepia

I have exactly three weeks to go until I leave India, for God knows how long. So that'll be August 14. And in case you haven't noticed, it's the day before the 15th. I vividly remember Independance Day last year. When I walked the streets around my house, hunting for rakhis. (No, I didn't sing the national anthem at any ceremony that day) But, it was the atmosphere that permeated my whole being. Kids wearing the tri-colour for badges, strains of 'Sabarmati Ke Sant', the flag fluttering high, right in the middle of a tiny street where it was hoisted... And again, I'd had that feeling that gives me goose-bumps: which I associate with a very elevated emotion; a mix of pride, solidarity and desire-to-act. THIS is where I belong!

I couldn't quite describe what it is like, for me to leave India. When I think too long about it, it builds up an extreme state of agitation within me. Yes, I'm gonna miss the heat and dust, the rain and clogged drains, the hawkers and haggling, the crowds and traffic, the saffron and green.

And worse still, I'm gonna miss all the people that've been dear to me all these years. And. Hyderabad. The sight of the stolid, grey walls of my school that look like they enclose a fortress (or like I've heard people say: a prison 8-|). The tiny ice-cream place that we used to frequent. The malls that I must've visited a million times so far - with family, friends, and alone too. The road to the railway station and back and the fly-over with its sky studded with huge billboards. All of them are like a panorama of my life. Makes me go "She's got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories..." And yeah, if I stared too long, I WOULD break down and cry.

12 Patron Prattle:

At 7/23/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nostalgic bout again..?:) wonder how you will feel when you eventually come back....like all things in life this too shall pass my child...

- TMWWT

 
At 7/24/2006 2:12 AM, Blogger Cos Θ said...

TMWWT? :O

My saviour? :P

 
At 7/24/2006 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well...might as well be I guess dear queen Guinevere!
guess I should rename myself to 'Lord chance-a-lot" then :P

-TMWWT

 
At 7/24/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Cos Θ said...

Ah! The Man Who Wrought Tempests?!

 
At 7/25/2006 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha...well I am no 'Prospero' ;) but then I dont mind being Ferdinand if thou art Miranda :P
talk about a 'tempestous' relationship eh?

-TMWWT

 
At 7/25/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger L . Hyena, The said...

Perhaps you will one day do a "Swades" and come back and make use of your "ivy league" education...and build a borewell someplace...

 
At 7/25/2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Cos Θ said...

@TMWWT: Err.. I wouldn't quite describe mine as 'coral lips' :P

@LH: Yeh jo des hain mera..., il est plus que ce qui à toi sera

PS: The rhyming saga continues... :P

 
At 7/26/2006 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No coral lips?ah well I guess I should ideally 'draw the line' there (har!har! see!See!I am so clever..) but then me being the magnanimous me and frankly not really having an inkling of what exactly coral lips means (well a part of me suggests maybe it is the lips of women from Downunder and the other part of me resists it's self from making sordid jokes about it )I guess I might jsut overlook that....
You wouldnt demand much of Ferdinand would you?
-TMWWT

 
At 7/29/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well your coming home to me so it wont be that bad ;) I'l be here to guide you straight into all kinds of trouble. We'l get drunk and go to jail and get some serious parking tickets and who knows may be get convited for some cocaine too :-p

just kidding

its gonna be hard at first but you'l get a hang of things. Cant wait to talk to you :)

 
At 8/01/2006 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can i say abt tat? :-??
well i guess the emotions come to life only when u r gng frm it right ?? :)) ppl too see remember those who are dead and when they were alive these are the one who critisize them. I knw u r not of tat kind and u really wanna b here but world is not jst HYD my dear theres lot more n u lucky enuf to see most of it fly over the seas,countries long far off in search of ur dreams to realise them to make urself "PERFECT" to make lives here better.

to help u guess who i m ... i leave u a clue
-Lets make lives better ;)

 
At 8/29/2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello..:*..
enti dahling..u vividly rembr ur last independence day...if u rembr it that vividly then u wudnt certainly forget the trip to ramappa nor wud u forget our 'saluting'photo..showing the spirit of INDia...

rakhi huntng anta..=))..kahanilu cheppakamma...

 
At 8/29/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Cos Θ said...

@Anon.: Now I REALLY cant figure out who this is. But I HAVE to remark that your memory is worse than mine. You see, we'd gone to Ramappa on January 26, which is Republic Day if you're missing the significance. :P
I most DEFINITELY was in Hyd on August 15th, 2005. >:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home