Monday, August 21, 2006

How is America?

Yeah, me dahling Blur.. if you're reading this: You were right about being haunted/taunted/plagued/whatever by that question after I got here. I've been asked THAT so many times so far, that I've started to see stars (and stripes) each time I answer it.

But since I can't shrug off the curious cats that are my friends (who also make the handful of my blog-readers), and because they know who "Bhai-jis" out here are, and will also eventually figure out who the "others" are, I can nonchalantly write away, without screaming out a disclaimer for the benefit of the 'characters' that are/will be a part of my narration.

Well.. First of all, to answer the question... so far, so good. Everyone still looks 'human', the weather can't get any hotter than it is now (I guess we're hitting 90!) - so I can still refuse to use sunscreen and crib about my tan, money can STILL buy and I'm still a 'clumsy' idiot.

But what about my life here? I guess I can't say much. I've been in Philly for about ten hours now, to be precise.. and I've got like ten thousand things to talk about. But calls are friggin' expensive, and I couldn't "rave" about things on mail.. And I think I'm slowly tuning into the 'self-denial' mode. I cant help but do it, as long as I do the notorious dollar-rupee conversions. Oh, by the way, the dollar's been on the decline. Yay! But JOY never lasts too long. :-<

Most things that happened today, happened while I was alone. Yeah, I was on my own for the most part... and I'm not exactly gifted with a mind for directions. But heck.. I managed not to get myself too lost. How I wish we had our cities as well-planned as this!

To start off with, I've started to feel puny. No, not because I'm err.. a wee bit diminutive, but because I've landed myself in an apartment with some super-smart people. People that do PhDs: at Wharton (!!), at the Penn Medical School and what not. I guess it's pretty much what I felt when I got to my campus at Warangal. So I'm sure it'll pass.

And to finish with (I'm too tired right now, to keep a long story... long?), I met ALL kinds of people today. I had an interview with an Associate Prof. AND a brief 'encounter' with one of my beloved 'bhai-jis'. I guess I won't go into the details of it, but anyway, after all that, I make a mental note NOT to take the same route the next time. So I'm walking around, trying NOT to get lost, and I run into the SAME guy again, on the SAME street.

That's about my life so far....

6 Patron Prattle:

At 8/23/2006 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=))
the blog seems more funny than u want it to b... :p

 
At 8/23/2006 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO sseee this happens and it wont stop EVER!!!!! did u get a collg map?

 
At 8/23/2006 9:32 AM, Blogger L . Hyena, The said...

hmm...am intrigued. WHAT acually happened during the 'encounter'? WHY should you choose to avoid that street? WHY WHY WHY?

Dear God, guide my rich vivid imagination guide through this impossible quest to the truth...or its most interesting substitute!

 
At 8/23/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Cos Θ said...

@Anon.: Eet eej, eh? Good good. :P

@Blur: Talk about it.. I have my backpack loaded with maps, pamphlets, brochures, info sheets and a hundred other paper/booklets that I dont have the courage to read. :-<

@LH: Imagine all you want... I'm not talking yet. For all you know, your substitute might be more 'entertaining'. :P

 
At 8/24/2006 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should and did you have your orientation yet???? if you dint, you tend to fall asleep during it I seriously suggest you try and stay up for it :)

 
At 8/24/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Cos Θ said...

Oh yeah, we had the International Students presentation thingy.. the grad orientation's on september 6. I'll try and drool at some dark chocolate then. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home