Monday, August 28, 2006

I remember reading this article in our college magazine (fondly or rather, de rigueur-ly named 'Belles Lettres' - and in the bargain, massacring another of the 'Romantic' [to those who understand what romantic with the capital R means. :P] languages), written by an alumni member - do I also qualify as one now, btw? It certainly sounds like a HUGE onus anyway!

So, this article was about how each of us 'evolves', and correspondigly, encounters 'advancements' in our identities. How we're just individuals in school, and are recognised and stereo-typed by our own personal traits. Then we move on to college, where almost everything you do is characterised by WHERE you come from - which I think is unfair. So you're now representing your town/city/state. You know what is now coming - you move out of the country, and you now represent INDIA!! Although this might not be a very rigid rule, you WILL agree that each of us has undergone one or more of these transitions already.

Having to 'behave' Indian has now put me on a more ponderous track... and in almost everything I do, I "compare" notes with life in India. And I still would go back to India. For the pani puri AND for all the sentiments that 'Swades' stands up for - I figured citing a movie for an example would prove more effective. :P

3 Patron Prattle:

At 8/29/2006 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come u r talking FILMY ;)
btw ... knw what here i m representing the col :|

I donno what Romance with capital R is ... :o can u help me figure out :p coz u seem undergone a loooot of such things ;))

 
At 8/29/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger L . Hyena, The said...

I remember reading that article. It was termed as a "must read" by the great DSKR himself... :P

Swades eh? SAD you have become ok!

 
At 8/30/2006 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

think some ppl are afraid u comin bk ;) wat say ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home